The Skill To Defend You

How do you get your driver’s license reinstated?

A DUI conviction could cause you to lose your driver’s license for a period of time. Once that time is up, you can apply for license reinstatement. However, you’ll have to follow certain procedures before you can legally drive in the state of Indiana.

How do you get your license back after a DUI?

Before you can apply for reinstatement, you’ll have to wait for your driver’s license suspension to expire. Until then, you cannot legally drive in the state of Indiana, even if you have to drive for a living. A defense attorney could give you more information about what to expect after a conviction.

When your suspension is over, you can start by verifying the date on your Driver Record. Once you’re eligible, you’ll have to get in touch with your insurance company and ask them to send the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) proof of insurance. You can’t send this information yourself–according to the law, your insurance company has to provide this information on your behalf.

Finally, you’ll have to pay your reinstatement fees before the BMV can re-issue your license. You can pay online, mail your payment to the BMV, pay over the phone or visit a BMV kiosk in person. Once you’ve paid your fees, the BMV will restore your driving privileges. You might have to request a replacement driver’s license before you can start driving again.

If a judge convicts you of a DUI, a suspended driver’s license is just one possible penalty. You could also be facing fees, jail time and mandatory classes. A driver’s license defense attorney could defend you in court so you can move on with your life.

How do you defend a DUI charge?

In the state of Indiana, you could lose your license over a DUI charge before you’re even convicted. Most people need a driver’s license to get to school and work and complete other daily activities. If you’re a commercial truck driver or a delivery driver, driving is your livelihood. An attorney could defend you in court and potentially prevent a license suspension.