Samuel S. Shapiro
- Criminal Defense
Sam Shapiro was born in Danville, Illinois. He graduated with a B.A. from Indiana University in 1976 and a J.D. in 1979.
Sam was an Assistant to the Prosecutor in Morgan County, Indiana in 1978, he has served on the Monroe County Youth Shelter Board and has been Secretary of the Monroe County Bar Association. Sam has given professional presentations on jury selection, trial work, and drinking driving cases to law students, prosecutor and police seminars, and attorney continuing legal education seminars.
Sam has been an Indiana SUPERLAWYER since 2007. He has been a member of the National College for DUI Defense, he is a long-standing member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, and, he has challenged and helped shape Indiana law in numerous appeals including some oral arguments to both the Indiana Court of Appeals and the Indiana Supreme Court. Sam has received an ‘a' ‘v' rating from his peers via the Martindale Hubbell legal rating service. Sam Shapiro has been an attorney for 40 years and limits his practice to all aspects of criminal defense.
If you are interested in a verifiable record of some of Sam Shapiro's case victories including not guilty verdicts, appellate work, or guilty verdicts on lesser offenses to serious charges, please visit https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/#/vw/Search.
- Prosecutor in Morgan County, Indiana, Assistant , 1978
- Monroe County Youth Shelter Board
- Monroe County Bar Association, Secretary
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Indiana, Superlawyer
- Monroe County Bar Association, Member, Present
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. - 1979
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A. - 1976
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Psychology
- Indiana, 1979
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1979
- ‘a’ ‘v’ rating from his peers via the Martindale Hubbell legal rating service